Friday, May 1, 2020

Day 20 - Sending Happy Thoughts Your Way


Our last day of Spring Card Camp 1 concluded with a video from Ashlea Cornell which was mostly about creating card backgrounds. Since it's been emphasized throughout to use what you already have, I dug out 11 background pieces I'd previously created. The most prevalent was the Concord & 9th Blooms Fill In set but there were also several plaids I'd created and a couple using a large leaf stamped in various shades of green. I also have a box full of colored and printed circles that I used to mount the circles that I had mass produced that said "Sending Happy Thoughts Your Way."

Here are the 11 cards:


I'm glad to use up what I had lying around because I had a lot of hours invested in their creation!

Here are the my three background designs. The blooms were done in both 2-tones and multi. I can't really remember how I did the plaids (maybe strip stamps from Waffleflower?) but the leaf is a favorite that I bought while in Seattle at Impress Cards and Crafts (which sadly closed its doors in the University Village but still has its main store in Takwila, WA where it also fills online orders).


One of the leaf panels has a die cut overlay frame (Memory Box?) that I also bought at Impress.


Tune in tomorrow to see the plethora of cards I made during the 20 days of this class. Fortunately the class was so popular that the founders of Online Card Classes, Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire, quickly put together Spring Card Camp 2 that will begin next week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment