Monday, May 11, 2020

Day 6 - Creative Color Blocking



Today the guest instructors were Laurie Willison and Jeff Lindberg. Both had different approaches to color blocking. However Jeff's card examples really blew me away. I loved everything about them from his choice of colors, inks, embossing, pattern, design - well, you get the idea. Despite the hundreds of stamps that I own, background stamps are in short supply. I especially like the geometric embossed images that Jeff used so I had to hunt around to see what I could use.

I knew that I wanted to emboss on papers with subtle designs and then I checked my stash to see if I had any usable embossing powder other than white and clear. I ended up choosing papers that went with a pretty Wow brand Under the Sea embossing glitter that would also work with silver metallic embossing powder. I used both powders on the papers which were so pretty themselves that I wanted them to still show a lot under the embossing. I finally settled on a C9 turnabout stamp that had triangles. I never turned the stamp in another direction so the pattern was pretty scattered.



I cut rectangular pieces and arranged them on and A2 piece of white card, then later cut it down and attached it to a piece of heavy silver card that was slightly smaller than the A2 white card base. I embossed my sentiment the in same silver embossing powder.


I'm finally caught up with my Card Camp homework. Let's see how long that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment