Thursday, May 14, 2020

Day 9 - Cloud Gazing


I really enjoyed Daniel West's video today where he used stamps in ways that were different that the way they were meant to be used. I kicked around a lot of ideas but since I have hundreds and hundreds of stamps, why do I want to come up with different ways to use them when there are many of my stamps I've never even used in the way they were intended? Don't know if that makes much sense but it just didn't inspire me.



Mindy Eggen used the same idea only using dies. It was easier for me to visualize how I could repurpose them in a new way. I picked two of my Lawn Fawn Hillside borders, but instead of creating hills I cut chunky pieces out of bright cardstock and then pieced them together to make my background for my 5 x 7 card. I added some stars from the same colored CS as well as silver star sequins. My birthday sentiment is a stack of four diecuts to give the card some dimension.


1 comment:

  1. Totally cool design!! Love how you made your background.

    ReplyDelete