Friday, May 8, 2020

Day 3 - DRY-EMBOSSING WITH STENCILS


Cathy Zielske demonstrated how to dry emboss using a stencil. I've never seen it done before and most likely won't use it much since (1) I own a zillion embossing folder and (2) one of my stencils got torn up doing it ðŸ˜žHowever the embossing was quite pronounced and great for my cards. I didn't try it on colored cardstock so I ended up blending Distress Oxides on the floral backgrounds and Distress inks on the brick pattern a la Carly Tee Minner. 


I don't know about you but I have containers full of embellishments that I've created over the many years as well as purchased ones that have piled up, so I dipped into all of that stash-i-ness for today's cards.

First I found two layered butterflies where I'd used alcohol inked experiments as the base for each butterfly. For the green card I stamped 'Enjoy' in green ink on black CS, then heat embossed it with clear powder and cut it out with the matching die.


On my blue card I used a frame that was leftover when I cut down a card front for an earlier lesson. I stacked five layers of the sentiment 'with love.'


The last card was the easiest since I had some journaling cards gathering dust and a container filled with layered flowers I'd made in my Tim Holtz phase. I slapped those babies onto my brick wall and called it a day!



3 comments:

  1. Nice cards...the blue butterfly is particularly stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I'm more inspired for Part 2 than Part 1.

      Delete
    2. I think there are some days we feel like we have more "mojo" going on than others! LOL!

      Delete