Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day 11 - Anti-Coloring


Today's theme was anti-coloring. One of my all-time favorites is Julie Ebersole and her video was great as always. I loved how she used Versa Mark to create a subtle background, then used the same image stamped in black on white, cut it out, and attached it to her background piece. Since I have the Mondo Magnolia stamp and die that she designed for Ellen Hutson, I chose that to pay homage to Julie.


The Mondo Magnolia die set will cut out both the entire stamped image or just the inner portion of it (as well as the stamen section). I used both sizes of the flower images and attached them to the card front with foam tape. For the center flower I layers the smaller flower on top of the large image with foam tape and turned it a bit so that it looked like this flower had even more petals.


Donna Mikasa is new to me but her card was also awesome. Stamping an image dipped in water onto a distress inked background gave an ethereal effect and then she, too, stamped her image onto white cardstock and attached it to the background. She used a favorite stamp and die set of mine, Altenew's Leaf Canopy set, so I just used it too so that I didn't have to tax my brain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment