Monday, May 18, 2020

DAY 13 - DIE-CUT BACKGROUNDS




Both of today's presenters had many examples of piecing die cut backgrounds. Jennifer McGuire's were very complex and striking, but I didn't have enough time today to do them justice. Andy Granick's were more straightforward and gave me lots of ideas for quick cards. 


The Waffle Flower Big Dots Stamp & Die Combo is a set that I use over and over again. The sentiments are varied and bold, and I just love the versatility of the die. 


I die cut the background in both white and silver and layered them. I then cut rows of circles from sparkly cardstock using the die. I layered those pieces on the off cuts of the backgrounds and added them in a pattern of colors. The card is more bright and cheerful than it shows in the photos.



I'm caught up with all the days' homework assignments for now. Let's see what tomorrow brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment