Wednesday, May 6, 2020

SPRING CARD CAMP 2 - Day 1


We're back with a sequel to Card Camp 1. The first lesson was about masking and Kristina Werner shared a video. She suggested printing out a large letter on the computer and then using it as a pattern to cut out a mask. Instead I used my Silhouette Cameo with the setting on 'clear sticker' and I cut out the masking paper letter with no problem. Instead of blending the CS background I chose to stamp tiny floral images in a multitude of colors and then outlined the letter in black before attaching to my card.


The negative masking lesson was by Heather Hoffman. For my background I used my new 3-D Sizzix Embossing Folder and colored the raised edges in a darker tone than the recessed areas of the flowers/leaves using alcohol markers. I stacked 5 layers of circles for my center sentiment which combined a layered 'hello' die cut and a stamped 'my friend' sentiment.


Both techniques were enjoyable and ones that I will use again!

1 comment: