Thursday, May 7, 2020

Day 2 - Make Your Own Stripes


I loved today's theme - make your own stripes. Jennifer McGuire and Angelica Conrad provided the inspiration and I was ready to go!

Plaids are an obsession of mine so I have several stamp sets that I use to create them - two from PapertreyInk, one from Waffle Flower, and another Hampton Art Foot Long set. These were perfect for embellishing my stripes.


I ink blended my background using shades of pink and peach. Then I stamped on top of the blending with dots, dashes, and striped lines from my stamp sets. 


I wanted an open image so that the stripes were the star of the card, so I used one of the flowers from the Hot Off the Press set, Floral Fantasy. I added a sentiment from a digital word strip set that I purchased on Etsy and then printed.


I usually have smudges in any ope white space, but I was super careful this time to avoid them. However after I applied my sentiment a bunch of random pink marks had mysteriously gathered at the bottom of my card which was hugely annoying!    
😡
 I ended up inking a stripe at the very bottom and then stamping the musical lines from the Floral Fantasy set over it in a shade darker color. Oh well, stuff happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment