Tuesday, May 19, 2020

DAY 14 - WATERCOLOR INSPIRED BY CHILDREN


We were supposed to use watercolors today (or other markers, inks, etc.) to tap into our inner child. What I like about this class is that you needn't do the exact techniques that are presented. Instead their ideas can be a springboard for ours. Here I used a combination of watercolor crayons, Brusho powder, and some tube watercolors. 


The background was inspired by landscape quilts that use a variety of fabrics to suggest rolling hills and fields. I added some die cut layered white flowers and then used the thin strips of watercolored paper (from the trim of the main panel) to create the flower stems and leaves in the manner a child draws flowers. I'm not going to add a sentiment yet (which I'll put in the upper right corner) until I decide what the occasion will be when I send it.


3 comments: