Monday, May 18, 2020

DAY 12 – GEOMETRIC PATTERNS WITH BASIC SHAPES


The video today was by Laura Bassen. As always she did a variation on rainbow colors but this time she used 4 shades of each color cut in 4 sizes of squares in descending shades. She added dimension to each layer and her results were spectacular.

As I tried to come up with an original idea I kept thinking (in) circles. Then I wondered if I could make a wreath out of layered circles and also if I could use the Gina K wreath builder to help place them evenly. So that's what I did!

In order to cut a lot of circles out easily I used 3 background dies, each with different size circles. It took a while to find enough shades of each color but eventually with enough scraps and the help of one Copic marker, mission accomplished.


I found a sentiment that would fit in a circle that would fit in the center of my "wreath," stamped it in black on white CS, then glued that on a slightly larger black circle which I adhered to the card with foam tape. I matted the 4 1/2" card front onto black CS which was then attached to a 5" square white card base. 


Thanks for the neat idea, Laura!

😍


No comments:

Post a Comment