Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 2014 Tag


The last two weeks I've done nothing but watercolor projects for the online class I was taking. Today I set aside for making my Tim Holtz tag of the month. 

I like the tiled effect he achieved and his use of trinkets and baubles. Since I have quite a stash (read: hoard) of embellishments, this looked to be right up my alley. I gathered my goodies, grunged up a tag, and was ready to go.

The most tedious part of the tag was measuring, cutting, and covering the chipboard tiles with assorted papers. (I think I should have used thicker chipboard to give the tag a bit more dimension.) Since I didn't have any of the new shadow press embossing folders, I had to make due using a stencil and then shading it in by hand. 


After arranging and rearranging my elements I took a picture so I would remember its composition. First I taped the tiles to the tag and then I used Glossy Accents to attach my metal trinkets to the tiles. I thought it needed a few pink tones so I retroactively applied some Victorian Velvet to a few areas. Then I used a few stick on metallic studs in a couple of the open areas.


As much as I loved my class, it felt good to get grungy again after two weeks of watercoloring!

1 comment: