Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 8 - Watercolor for Cardmakers

Day 8 has had my favorite techniques so far.  It really helps if you have the same stamp used in the video or something quite similar. That way the step by step instructions don't have to be modified (or leave us totally lost!). 

Tasnim's beautiful flower was an inspiration, and the water on water process has been one of the more successful for me. I should have heeded her advice to weigh down the piece before mounting it to the card, but I was too impatient to wait!



I also really enjoyed watching Dawn's process which I tried to recreate here. I think I should have left it alone without attempting to do the background. It was really prettier before I added mine so maybe I will try it again (when I'm not so busy trying to keep up with our daily homework).

I'm going to save this card and give it to my husband next month for our anniversary. This piece also warped despite the amount of adhesive I laid down. Hope I can get it flattened more after it's already attached!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so pretty. Love the touch of purple in your first card there... Your 2nd card is gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I think you're being hard on yourself re the 2nd card - it's beautiful and you've created great light and depth! the 1st card is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these both look good! Your 2nd one is my favorite

    ReplyDelete