Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 3 - Watercolor for Cardmakers

The techniques demonstrated today were ones that I love and will definitely use in the future. Especially appealing was the watercolor stamping demonstrated by Kristina Werner. In her video she used Art Impressions stamps. I was floored for more than one reason: I loved the effect and I already owned many AI stamps! The funny thing is that I never knew they were anything special since I bought them on eBay as part of a large lot of used stamps. I also had a few other stamps (different brands) that would work well with them.


The first set of watercolor markers I ever bought were Marvy, so I hauled them out and used them on my first sample. I hated the greens that I had, so I ended up using my Distress inks (plus a Marvy purple) on this piece. There are many things that I don't like about the piece (especially the clump of purple junk in the lower right), but I hope that practice will improve future results.


21 comments:

  1. I loved Kristinas video!! I don't have any of the stamps but it sure made me want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought the video from CHA was amazing. Bonnie made it look effortless.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda! I'm really enjoying the class although I can't get around to trying every technique. Maybe later. . .

      Delete
  3. Your first sample is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! That "purple clump" fits right in--I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so jealous you have those stamps! I want some asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card turned out wonderful, and how cool is it that you already had some of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work of art! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! I LOVE this!! I sure wish I had some of this company's stamps! What a score you made to have these, already :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really lucky to have those stamps that I hadn't appreciated before now. Thanks for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also loved Kristina's video and really like the card you created using that technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...I think this turned out beautifully! How awesome that you had some of the stamps for this technique...sure think you made the most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card even with the clumps you don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that you did an excellent job; how wonderful that you had everything that you needed on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your did an amazing job on this technique. I have yet to try it but love the effect. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! This is amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you did great, considering this was your first attempt. You may also want to check out some videos by Dawn (Wplus9) on her blog. She does some amazing things with similar stamps, similar to what she showed us during class.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also have and love Art Impressions stamps. Not sure if you are aware that there are about 9 "How To" videos on U Tube made by Art Impressions for these stamps.

    ReplyDelete