Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 2 - Watercolor for Cardmakers

It looks like I will have to pick and choose the ideas I 'm most drawn to in order to keep up! Today featured more watercolor backgrounds, the first being a watercolor pencil effect demonstrated by Agnieszka Malyszek. Her background is more muted than mine; I didn't have a lot of luck with the pencils so I ended up touching it up with pan colors. The central image of a pear was placed on top of some multicolored fibers.


The next technique was demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire. She masked a stamped image and then painted vibrant colors around it.  I should have paid more attention to the video because after masking my images with rubber cement, I painted over it instead of painting close to the edges. As a result, I had some of the paint bleed through.



The last technique, also from Jennifer McGuire, was painting over embossed backgrounds (similar to one of yesterday's exercises). I didn't remove the embossing after painting it though.


At least I'm finally caught up and ready for tomorrow's lessons :)

7 comments:

  1. I love the pear! Those colors are really vibrant but it totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love all your cards! You've done a great job with these techniques!! And thank you so much for your kind comments on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn! It's amazing to see all the talent out there!

      Delete
  3. Nice work! I give them an "A"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kris! It does seem like we're back in school :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cards, and great use of the techniques from class!! :)

    ReplyDelete