Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bonus Day - Watercolor for Cardmakers

I thought I would just play with some of the techniques we learned and incorporate them into some of my own cards.

Here I used soft watercolors in the background and then I stamped a background stamp in gray and added a couple of blue spirals. I lightly misted the stamped flowers and added a couple of butterflies made with a Martha Stewart punch.


For this birthday card I embossed a background stamp in white, lightly watercolored a section of the background, and stamped text in distress ink on the right. 



One of my favorite watercolor techniques is inking up stamps and misting them before stamping them. I prefer to use the first generation stamp even though it's not as translucent as the second is. This uses one of my favorite, go to flower stamps.


This card I just made for a friend who is recovering from surgery (and it doesn't have any of the watercolor techniques :) You can see I used the same stamp. 



No comments:

Post a Comment