Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 9 - Watercolor for Cardmakers

I AM FINALLY CAUGHT UP AND ON SCHEDULE!!!  Although I know there is no time limit to complete this online class, it's much more fun to be able to post our cards the day that they are assigned.

First of all let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely no innate artistic ability!!!  Unfortunately when I draw or paint freehanded, my results look exactly the same as they did when I was in grade school. It's true! The style is unmistakably mine and remains unchanged over these many years. However today's examples weren't too intimidating and were pretty basic so I dove in headfirst.

The card you see uses Jennifer's splashing and splattering method. I made a big mess and had to remove quite of bit of stray paint from unwanted areas, but all in all it's recognizable (isn't it?) as a tree. I found that the cheapy brush that comes with a kiddy paint set worked the best for this splattering. 


10 comments:

  1. Your foliage looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely- the sentiment is perfect and the bird adds just the right accent. Great job on the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful- and I love that you added a bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job...yes, it's a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great and I love the little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tree! The bird is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed the bird, too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete