Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 1 - Watercolor for Cardmakers

There were three techniques shared in today's first class. The first by Jennifer Rzasa was using a stencil over wet watercolor to create a subtle pattern.  I had a difficult time getting my Tim Holtz layering stencil to lie flat in order for the pooled watercolors to dry in a pattern, even when I weighed it down overnight.  Don't try using a heat tool over the stencil itself -- OOPS -- because it will warp the stencil.


Another homework assignment was by Kristina Werner which was watercolor resist over a heat embossed background design. I had the best results with this technique and decided to make a birthday card since I have a thin die that says, "Happy Birthday".  I'm not a sequins kind of girl, but I was able to scrounge up a few to use on my card.


It's now Day 2 and I haven't even started the new assignments (although I have watched the videos!)  Wish me luck!!!

2 comments: