Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SYD: Mini Dies



I loved all the videos today, but I didn't have a word die to try Kristina's card layout.  I decided to create a Silhouette file for this and had mixed results. After blending my background using Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, and Barn Door distress inks, I backed the Neenah cardstock with a double sided adhesive sheet. Because the adhesive backing was so slick it kept shifting on my cutting mat, but I eventually secured it with painters tape and got it cut out :) It would probably have been easier to glue everything in place so maybe I will try that the next time. To create the shapes surrounding the word I used a variety of font dingbats.

The companion card seemed to need spicing up, so I used a clear glitter Wink of Stella brush to add a bit of sparkle.


I'm going to try Jennifer Rasa's card next using actual dies!

5 comments:

  1. You're brave to do this on the Silhouette! Fun design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In retrospect I should have just cut the word and then use some mini dies to do the rest.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Such pretty colors and would never have thought to do anything on the Silhouette! Outside the box is not my strong suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my strong suit either. I usually sit and stare at the wall far too long!!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I have a Cricut Explore that I used on a couple cards to substitute for dies that I don't have. Your cards are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete