Monday, March 16, 2015

Online Card Classes: Stretching Your Dies, Word Dies


I'm happy to be taking my fifth OCC, but this time I'm not going to make myself crazy by trying to make a card for every video. Let's see how that works out! For the first day I set out to try Jennifer McGuire's technique of shrinking craft foam. It was a challenge just to find a word die in my stash, but I managed to find a Sizzlet that said Happy Birthday. It turned out to be (1) too small and (2) too fiddly and hard to separate the words from the background card and foam. Then came the disaster of heat shrinking the words. Here you can see my disastrous results. It was so mangled that I had to come up with a Plan B.

After sleeping on it, I thought about die cutting the words out of glitter cardstock and setting it in among all the other Happy Birthdays making up the faux embossing. Although gluing all the script words to the card was time consuming, I was fairly happy with the outcome.


On to Day Two!

2 comments:

  1. That first Happy Birthday with the craft foam...wow. Glad your second try came out so much better. Very nice card, love the blue glitter!
    MarjR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marj! Hope you had better luck with the foam than I did :)

    ReplyDelete