Friday, March 20, 2015

SYD: Border Dies

The examples in class today were awesome! I especially liked Debby's ship card with the inlaid waves. My one and only border die is a Tim Holtz's On The Edge die that may have worked had I liked the edge it made. However I have quite a few EK Edger punches that did the trick. The butterflies are from a Hero Arts/Sizzix die & stamp set, Butterflies 3, and I stamped the butterflies and embossed them in white over navy paper with tiny blue polka dots. I was inspired yesterday to try stamping on patterned paper! Instead of using VersaMark embossing ink, I like to use SU white ink when embossing in white because it seems to take the powder better.


I also loved playing around with the ink shading done by Laura. Defeating the purpose of using a border die in a novel way, I hand cut my die on a sheet of acrylic. The flower is from SU Flower Patch. I haven't decided what occasion I will use this card for, so I haven't added a sentiment yet.


7 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your cards. I see you used the same butterfly as yesterday but they look very different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards. love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sponging on your second card--the colors really look great together! And the first card is really lovely--nice job!
    MarjR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marj! I used 3 different brands of ink but they all seemed to play well together.

      Delete
  4. Both of these cards are awesome! Your inking on the 2nd card looks so good and the colors are very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete