Monday, March 23, 2015

SYD: A Few Additional Cards

Even though class has been over for a few days, there were several techniques I still wanted to try.

Day 2: Flower Dies
I loved the simplicity of Yana's card. Her color choices were wonderful so I used them on my card as well. I have a central large image surrounded by several smaller die cuts and bling.



Day 6: Border Dies
Using the same die cut stencil that I used on my original Day 6 card, I totally CASEd an Easter card that Laura Bassen posted on Flickr. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas, Laura!


Day 7: Alphabet Dies
Before class started the only alphabet dies that I had were Sizzlets and the thick Sizzix original dies, neither of which would work for Kathy's hidden letter card. The Kaisercraft alphabet dies I ordered arrived late, so I am experimenting with them for the first time. Instead of doing a wonderful stamped background like Kathy did, I used a Graphic 45 print for my card. The letters (FRIEND) are almost totally hidden even though I used 3 layers of thick packaging card beneath the cardstock letters. My husband didn't see the word at all until I pointed it out, so it is likely to be hidden from the recipient of the card as well LOL. Maybe the pattern is too busy but you must admit that it's hidden. Maybe if you look really hard you can spot it!


I've thoroughly enjoyed my 6th OCC and enjoyed viewing and commenting on other participants' cards. The only down side I saw was that it didn't seem like very many other people visited or commented on them. Often I was the only comment posted for many of the cards I viewed. That was unlike my experience in the other classes and it was disappointing.

1 comment:

  1. Here ya go: I really like your cards! I like the hidden letter one--it's really fun! Good idea to use patterned paper too! I tried to comment on as many as I could but there were a lot! :) But I know what you mean--it's so very nice to get feedback on the cards we make. I hate that the class is over, but it was fabulous! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete