Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SYD: Basic Shape Dies


My 91-year-old mom recently passed away, and I wanted to use a childhood picture of her as the centerpiece for a personalized thank you card. Today's card by Jennifer McGuire was one that I wanted to adapt for my thank you card.

I started out using plain cardstock for the card base, but I liked the look of this vintage cardstock so I ended up using that instead. The cutout is a Spellbinders Nestability, and I mounted the hand colored photo of my mom on the next larger size diecut which I embossed and shaded with Distress Ink.

inside view

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is the sweetest idea ever! Your card is perfect! I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful way to remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! My condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dodie! It's hard to lose a mom no matter what her age.

      Delete