Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tags Galore

Tim Holtz is famous for the tags he creates and I love them all.  However fun they may be to create, they don't serve any grand purpose that I can easily see.  I suppose they can be attached to gifts, wine bottles, and cards or used as bookmarks.  I seem to have assembled quite a collection. The good thing about tags is that they are small projects that lend themselves to technique experimentation.

I began with a package of shipping tags at Office Depot and they work fine but are a bit small to handle all the embellishments Tim used. Apparently he has a larger size he uses, and now there is a Sizzix die that I use to make bigger ones. Here's a side by side comparison.



I usually cut out the tag from patterned cardstock to use as a base or I take a blank tag and stamp on it.



The tag on the left is cut from a Graphic45 sheet while the smaller one on the right has been stamped with the
Tim Holtz 's Adverts cling rubber stamps.




This tag was embossed in an embossing folder and the raised areas inked.
The die-cut gears, saying, and film transparency were used as embellishments.



The dress form was stamped in Versa Mark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then the numbers stamped with Staz-On permanent black ink. I blended distress inks all over the card and wiped the ink off the embossed image. Other images were stamped in a variety of colors and a chipboard postmark added.













I made this to attach to my husband's Christmas present.



I love these Roaring Twenties bathing beauties found on one of the  Graphic45 'On the Boardwalk' sheets. The central image on the tag on the right was covered with packing tape, soaked in water, and made translucent by rubbing off the wet paper backing (the image remains on the tape).


I experimented using color on the photostamped image (left tag) and mounted it on foam tape over a set of pink stamped wings. The one on the right turned out pretty weird so I just included it for laughs!


Here are four large tags I made today. I first used distress stains to color the background, stamped them, then added tickets and other embellishments I made in addition to metal elements. Last I added the strings, fibers, and ribbons through the top holes.

 




I think this was my favorite from today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment