Sunday, March 10, 2013

Embellishments

Gluing small objects to my projects proves irresistible to me! Sometimes the embellishments drive the project, as in this birthday card that I made for my handyman husband. After finding these great tiny tools at a scrapbook store, I searched the internet for inspiration before creating his birthday card. The tool belt card front is brown paper that was scrunched then inked. I sewed the pockets and strapping, added silver paper fasteners, then added the tags and tools.



inside

I love my Tim Holtz ticket strip die and ticket stamp set and used them to make the personalized ticket embellishments on this next card. I made the music rosette by accordion-folding a strip of paper, attaching the two ends to make the rosette, then hot gluing it to a circle stamped with a treble clef. The tickets were glued to a shadow newsprint ticket and the sentiment, butterfly, mesh ribbon, and button added.



ticket strip die and ticket stamp set




Other embellishments that I like to make are paper flowers. After die cutting different sized flowers out of colored cardstock and plain newsprint, the edges were inked and the petals were shaped before  layering. The layers were grouped together with sparkly paper fasteners.

sorry for the blurry picture

(Last week I ordered a large lot of Tim Holtz metal Idea-ology embellishments on eBay that I'm sure will be prominently featured in upcoming projects. Can't wait!)

No comments:

Post a Comment