Friday, March 15, 2013

Tag Backgrounds

After my last posting about tags, I wanted to prep a few more to use at a later date.  I was happy with one background in particular and wanted to replicate it.  Not so easy!  It's impossible to recreate the random results of Tim Holtz's wrinkle-free distress stain technique, so I was somewhat disappointed in today's outcome.  Although I will undoubtedly use them all, they still didn't look like my favorite.  You can check out sample's of Tim's work to see how the professional does it!

This is the background color I was trying to duplicate.
Here are my unsuccessful results from today.


A while ago I came across a neat tag on the internet created by Suzanne K.  Its background was similar to embossing folders I had, so I thought I would try to re-create the neat metallic effect she achieved.  The center one was cut from manila cardstock that I covered with Black Soot Distress ink, embossed, and highlighted with Rub 'n Buff.  The outside two began life as black linen cardstock, and the embossing was highlighted with other shades of Rub 'n Buff.  Eventually I will embellish them.

Here is the only tag I actually finished today. I colored the tag with Vintage Photo Distress ink, embossed two sections of the tag and sanded those areas, stamped the trees and birds with Walnut Ink, lightly misted the entire thing with a Perfect Pearl shimmer, and added a copper gear.  I think I will use it as a bookmark.






No comments:

Post a Comment