Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

With our Easter service and Easter dinner behind us, I wanted to post a few of the things I made in celebration of Easter.

Last week I got my cards made and went with a vintage theme inspired by old Easter postcards. I don't like to make any two cards exactly alike, but the general theme and layout are similar.






The papers inside coordinated with the ones on the fronts.

Two weeks ago I went to the Craig Bachman semi-anual sale http://www.craigbachman.com. It's great fun and their items are mostly florist supplies at 50% off wholesale. This time I was on the lookout for four small containers to hold candy for each person at our small Easter gathering. I finally found little painted buckets (.75 each) in four spring colors. I stamped an Easter bunny and eggs on each and colored the images with paint and permanent markers. Then I made a "Happy Easter" bloom to stick in each chocolate-filled bucket.





I also found two clay pots at the sale that had been hand painted with spring flowers ($1 each). By adding silk flowers, decoupaged eggs, butterflies, and pastel grass, they became today's centerpiece (they don't look as scraggly in real life:) . We thought our table looked quite festive!



Here is what I made last year to hold the Easter candy:


I hope you had a nice Easter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment