Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Watercolor for Cardmakers

Watercolor for Cardmakers is the first online class that I have ever signed up for.  The cost was reasonable and watercoloring is not a strength of mine, so I decided to give it a shot.


Although actual instruction doesn't begin until May 5, there are pre-class videos to view that go over supplies and suggest a few exercises. 



We were asked to make swatch cards using any watercolor media that we had. I already own two sets of traditional watercolors, watercolor pencils and crayons, plus Tim Holtz Distress inks and markers.

traditional watercolors and watercolor crayons

blurry photo of my watercolor pencils


Distress inks and markers

We were also asked to make a plaid design with very diluted watercolor that we could post to the pre-class members' gallery. 

I used blue, yellow, and green for my plaid.

I'm looking forward to the new activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment