Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Tag 2014

I really like the Tim Holtz April 2014 tag.  I had all the materials on hand except for the Trellis die. I went to Michaels today to see if they possibly had it but they never have any of the recent releases (I was really hoping to find the round blending tool but was once again disappointed).  I created the trellis look by making a repeating pattern from one of the Cricut Mini basic shapes. It's not an exact match but has a similar feeling. I've had a lot of use from my pinecone die which I used to make my roses and foliage. Previously I mentioned that I got a ton of Tim Holtz products for Christmas so I already had the token, pin, distress paint (I used broken china), and tissue tapes. Usually I try to do my own take on the tag, but this month I tried to mimic Tim's.

Note the glare from the mirror insert! 

1 comment: