Sunday, July 21, 2013

Family Project

Several weeks ago I found two good sized shabby chic shadow boxes at Home Goods that were on clearance. I wasn't sure what I would use them for, but they were too good to pass up. Maybe I could use one to display a few of the tags and cards that I'd recently made, but then I decided to make new versions of some of my favorites using family pictures. I also wanted to use a blue and brown color scheme and so the project began.

Here are pictures of my mom and dad as young children. My dad looks to be about six or seven and my mom had to be four. I printed out copies of the photos and slightly colorized them using DI. I was able to cut the frame and its shadow on my dad's card using my new Cricut Mini. That background used a favorite script embossing folder and then was colored with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI. Note that I included some of my cockeyed roses.




Next I printed out photos of my husband's parents. The only picture we have of his father as a child is really poor quality so I used his high school graduation photo. His dad was somewhat of an artist and had colorized his own background blue, so I tried colorizing the black and white print the same way. There's been some debate about whether the photo of his mom is of her or an older sister. We think by comparing it to another picture that it is definitely his mom, and I think the pose is so cute. I added a piece of mica over the top of her photo for a vintage feel.




I also wanted to include a photo of our two sons but wanted it to have an old fashioned feel, so I settled on a Halloween picture when one was a cowboy.



I've been busy making rosettes lately so I will throw in a few of those as well as a picture wheel with photos of our family when we are children as well as adults plus two of our grandson who is still a toddler.


 I'll post a picture when I've assembled the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment