Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Virginia's View Watercolor Challenge

I spotted a link on one of the blogs that I follow 
describing a watercolor challenge. I thought it
sounded like fun and decided to participate. 


I love using Distress markers and inks to create 
a watercolor effect which is what I did with this card.
Markers were applied directly to the stamp, it was 
misted a couple of times, and then it was stamped 
on watercolor paper. I used a water brush with
Distress inks to shade and fill in select areas and
layered the watercolored piece on patterned papers.

I see that I need to glue down the lower left corner of one of the papers :)


4 comments:

  1. Hello Joyce! I love the soft coloring from the Distress markers and water! It's artsy and gorgeous! The torn edges add so much interest to the design, too! So glad that you join the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Virginia! Your challenge has produced such an interesting variety of offerings that are quite inspiring. I can't wait to see your next challenge.

      Delete
  2. The Distress markers have a great watercolor effect. Nice job shading. Tell us about the stamp! I like the little hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the hummingbird stamp a couple of years ago at the annual Wilton tent sale (besides all the cake decorating goodies there are some craft items). However I just did a search and found that it's by Inkadinkado and is carried by Hobby Lobby.

      Delete