Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This is the all-time best valentine I ever received!!! A few years ago when I got home from work, I found this carved out in our backyard. You can see how gigantic is was in relation to the swing at the top of the picture. It still makes me smile:)


Although I will never top that one, this is the valentine I made for my husband this year. The card has a band to keep it closed. When the band is removed, the entire valentine is revealed.



The valentine gift I made for my DH was inspired by a Pinterest post by Olga using Graphic45 papers. I used an assortment from my cardstock stash.
These are individual mini books to be used as a desk organizer.
I think they will look better when they are filled.

Even though I made a lot of other valentines this year, I neglected to take pictures of them all. I took photos of a few.
For some reason this card looks orange in the photo. The true colors were shades of pink and red.
An idea for the inside of a card is often more difficult for me to come up with, 
but using doilies is a no-brainer for a valentine!
I love vintage valentines. There are many royalty-free images online to help create an antique look.
(Please excuse my blurry iPhone photo.)

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog and like your work. The folded valentine is unique.

    ReplyDelete