Thursday, June 6, 2013

June Tag of 2013


I was happy when I got the full set of Distress Markers for Christmas and, to be perfectly honest, I haven't had much luck using them as blendable water color. That's why Tim Holtz's June tag (12 tags of 2013 - June) posed a good challenge. I feel like I finally had success using them on my tag for the month of June.







First I stamped my pear on 130 lb. watercolor paper using Jet Black Archival Ink. I applied several colors using my markers and then blended them with a fine water brush. It took a couple of attempts to get satisfactory blending. This attempt wasn't the one I ended up using since I overdid the text.






When I was happy with another version, I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the roughed and torn edges and blended the ink with the water brush.






Next I prepared the tag itself. The formula was a mixture of misted Distress Ink, Distress Paint, and Distress Stain. I was really happy with how it came out, so I am sure that I will use this combo on further projects. After it dried I covered it with stamped images.





After adhering the pear to the tag with Glossy Accents I felt like my tag still needed a little something. I have a stockpile of die cut, stamped, and colored tickets which seemed to do the trick.




The finishing touches were attaching a sprocket and spinner as well as stained crinkle ribbon. What a fun project to lighten a dreary June day!





3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous tag. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see a pear stamp I fall in love with it - and your tag shows it off beautifully. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cath! I have quite a collection of pear stamps because I love them too!

    ReplyDelete