Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thank You Cards, Birthdays, and Get Well.

My craft room has been in a state of disarray because I've been rearranging my desk to give me more work surface. It's finally finished and I was back to making cards. The first two are thank you cards with a summer beach theme. 






























My sister's birthday was Tuesday and my oldest son's is tomorrow. I used some pieces I'd experimented on a while back in each.
Cutting this circle frame from a thick foam board was a bit tricky.
The inked paper I had on hand, so all I had to do was run it through my Big Shot using a birthday embossing folder.

A great friend from high school is having a birthday this week. The inspiration for her card was a sentiment stamp I'd been wanting to use. Although it's not really a birthday sentiment, I think it still works.
The faux leather frame was created using a new Spellbinders M-bossabilities reversible embossing folder. 

I'm going to use the same sentiment on a Halloween card for another high school friend.

Our niece had back surgery this week and is now recuperating at home. I spent a long time working on her card, then I forgot my idea for the sentiment I wanted to use! I ended up ditching that one and making this instead.
(cover)
(inside)
I'll take a picture of my new work area soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment