Thursday, June 12, 2014

Card Frenzy

We're delighted to have our 2 1/2 year old grandson staying with us for two weeks, but I now have little time to devote to crafting. However I had a lot of cards that needed making so I've been finding moments to squeeze them in.

My daughter-in-law is arriving tomorrow after finishing her 5 year radiation oncology residency in Boston. Before leaving for their new home in Seattle, she'll spend a week with us but will spend most of her time studying for the second part of her boards which she will take next month. I wanted to make her a congratulatory card to commemorate her long years spent in medical school and residency, and I wanted it to be really joyful. For her card I did a watercolor background topped with sparkly gems and stars.



I then gave my grandson some stickers to choose from and let him make his mom a card too. Inside he added his own "message" and signature!


Last night my husband, son, grandson, and I we went out to eat with my sister and brother-in-law to celebrate his birthday. I've always loved this "vintage" picture of him taken with his three oldest children - all in costume. I used it as the centerpiece for his CASE birthday card inspired by Kate Palmer


I've also been busy making Father's Day cards which I will post soon.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on that vintage card! Looks good!
    However, I think my favorite is the Hi Cupcake card! ; )
    We should of had him at our workshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura:) Did you end up getting any mica to play with?

      Delete