Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hocus Pocus

My craft room and I are covered in glitter. I am not a big fan of glitter since it attaches itself to you and follows you around for days. But in order to complete my Tim Holtz October 2013 tag I threw caution to the wind.




Because I don't have the new Distress Paint colors, I blended some of my own. Some of my efforts doing the background for the tag(s) were too intense, but I finally achieved a result I could live with. I used black archival ink to stamp two different scripts as my next layer. 


These colors were too intense!

I then used a combination of TH and Cricut cuts (Teresa Collins's Chic & Scary cartridge) for Halloween elements that I inked, coated with Glossy Accents, then covered with black, white, and orange glitter before attaching with Glossy Accents. I embossed a spider with black embossing powder and attached it to its web with a line of diamond Stickles.





This was my first effort; I liked the background but thought I got a little carried away with the glittery elements.




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment