Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Birthday, 2 Anniversaries, & 1 Whatever

There were quite a few cards I wanted to make last month for special occasions. I wanted to make something bright and cheery for for my sister-in-law's birthday. I love a cupcake theme, and  I have plenty of stamps and stickers to choose from.



Both of my sisters-in-law have August anniversaries and I wanted to incorporate their wedding photos into their cards. The first card has the photo inside (and I forgot to take a picture of the inside :), but the outside uses squares and a heart that were embossed with a variety of embossing folders.



The second card used the wedding picture on the card cover. I used my new Cricut to create the photo frame layers and edged strip across the bottom. I embossed the bottom frame layer and used Distress Ink on the raised pattern. The rosette was cut using my TH rosette die and topped with an enamel embellishment.



This last card used my favorite vintage child photo once again. I stitched around two of the papers with the battery operated, hand held "sewing machine" I found at Good Will. I layered the stitched papers on top of the background paper and added the photo mounted on a paper doily. The flowers were made from a combination of silk and cardstock petals.




No comments:

Post a Comment