Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Odds and Ends

These recent cards are quite similar because I love using these soft colors and fun watercolor stamping technique. The floral stamps were inked with Distress inks and markers and then spritzed with water. When the images are stamped on watercolor paper the effect looks like impressionistic painting. The bottom card has seam binding that was inked, sprayed with water, scrunched up, and then dried with a heat gun and used as a shabby chic ribbon over a wider voile ribbon..




Last night when I was adding photos to Pinterest, I found many great ideas that I wanted to try today. The first is a tag that was inked with Concord Grape and Vintage Photo Distress inks. I dry embossed the tag with a collage embossing folder and then I sanded the raised areas to remove the ink. I wish the colors were more intense but it still is useable. I intend to add embellishments later.




I found this next tag online and loved the effect of first stamping an untreated tag with script, heat embossing floral images in random locations, and stamping one or two images using Adirondack archival black ink. I made the larger one first but realized it was too big for the card I was making so had to make a smaller one to fit and ended up making two more.



I hope that these colors aren't too drab for a get well card! The card base is brown kraft card stock. The outside has a collage of dictionary pages and tissue script paper inked with Vintage Photo under the tag, sentiment, and glimmer misted butterfly.


coordinating tag on the the inside

My last project today was to assemble a duplicate of a tag I recently gave to a friend. All four stamps in the Tim Holtz Air Travel set were used and I tied some more dyed seam binding to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment